Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Meet The Staff: Jessie Whitehead, Guest Services Coordinator

Over the next few weeks, we will feature our staff members at the Cannonball House. We hope by showcasing the wonderful people who spend their days serving the home, that each of you will feel like you know us just a little bit later.

First up - Jessie!

Name: Jessie Whitehead

Title: Guest Services Coordinator

When did you first start at the Cannonball House? February 2004

What do you do at the house?
 I am responsible for the day to day experience of the visitors to the Cannonball House. I am the person to talk to if you want to book a group tour or a rental for a special event (like a wedding or bridal tea!) I work with the scheduling of the home, and train volunteers and docents.



What do you like most about working at the Cannonball House?
 I love the family history of the home. There are no living descendants of the Holt- Canning- Martin families, and I know that if someone doesn’t take an interest in their family history, it will disappear.  I also LOVE meeting people from all over the world. Interesting fact- I met my future husband while working a Christmas event at the front door of the House. Less than 3 years later, we would get married in the back garden by the fountain! So I love being able to have a personal connection with the house.

What did you do before you worked at the Cannonball House?
This was my very first official job, and I started at the age of 17. I also worked at Hay House for 6 years and at the Sidney Lanier Cottage for 2 years. I worked at all 3 historic homes at one time for 2 years!

What do you do for fun?
 I LOVE serving on youth retreats as well as spending time with my husband and our 2 cats. I also love to read, and any given free time will find me hiding behind a book.

Tell us about your favorites in Macon:
The historic homes. I love walking along College Street and picturing myself in the 19th century.
Molly's is my favorite restaurant. I send everyone there!

Where were you born?
Robins Air Force Base, Warner Robins.

No comments:

Post a Comment