Once a year, folks from all over the world get a chance to donate to their favorite nonprofit in Georgia.
This year, we hope you consider the Cannonball House as one of yours!
It's a really simply process.
You go to GAgivesday.org and in the search section, type Cannonball House, then click donate. You can give as low as a $1. Of course, a $1,000 check would not hurt either.
Still not sure?
Allow us to give you a few great reasons as to why your money makes a difference:
1. This home was built in 1853 for a prominent man by the name of Judge Asa Holt. He chose Macon as the city he wanted to retire in. He had this beautiful antebellum town home constructed and it still stands today. Shouldn't we be good stewards and keep this piece of history preserved?
2. The home itself holds generations of wedding gowns, antique furniture, and military artifacts that are all significant to Macon's history. Without your donation, how will we preserve these relics for generations to interpret?
3. We offer local artists and makers an opportunity to showcase and sell their wares in our gift shop. We pay our makers for their wares, up front, and then sell to our audience. Your donation helps us sustain a constant flow of financial support for Macon artists and makers.
4. We offer dozens of educational and outreach opportunities for children and seniors. When you donate $10, we are able to purchase the story books used for Millie's Story Time. When you donate $20, we can provide refreshments at our events. When you donate $50, we can buy craft supplies. When you donate $100, we can continue to hire qualified staff. When you donate $500, we are able to pay our utilities. And when you donate $1,000 we can make much needed repairs and restoration to their home. You see? Your dollar goes far.
5. Quality entertainment is hard to come by! But at the Cannonball House, we seek to provide you with the best events. Beards, Bourbon, & Bacon or Miss Elizabeth's Tea Parties are always a big hit. With your donation, we can provide a quality experience and keep your ticket prices low!
6. We have the friendliest and most knowledgeable staff in Macon! Your donation allows us to continue to provide professional training and advancement for our employees. In other words, JOBs for residents.
7. Our Victorian garden is a sight to see! Your donation helps us maintain it, as well as grow our teaching herb garden.
8. We attracts thousands of visitors a year from all over the world, which in turn means a huge boost to our economy through hotels, restaurants, and boutiques. When you support us, that continues!
9. Preservation of Southern Heritage is at the core of what we do. With your donation, we are able to continue to tell the story of one family, of one community, of our Southern culture.
10. Finally, because we love Macon and so do you!